Getting a Job When You Have Asperger’s Syndrome or Nonverbal Learning Disorder (NLD)
Two-Day, Interactive Workshop!
Getting a Job When You Have Asperger’s Syndrome or NLD is a two-day workshop for the serious job seeker. The interactive format features step-by-step instruction and hands-on exercises. Participants learn how to choose the right job, write a powerful resume, and interview effectively.
The workshop is designed to take place on a Saturday and Sunday, from 10:00am to 4:00pm each day. The content is intended for adults (late teens onward) who are seeking competitive, not sheltered or supported employment. The emphasis is on career-oriented jobs that require a resume and strong interviewing skills.
▪ Identifying the right job or career: matching interests, abilities, right work environment, and an understanding of personal challenges
▪ How to conduct career research
▪ Writing a powerful resume
▪ Developing a realistic job search plan
▪ Networking for the not-so-socially savvy
▪ How to prepare for interviews
▪ Whether, when and how to disclose to an employer
▪ Sustaining motivation and momentum and building confidence
Participants receive a workbook that includes exercises and assessments. Individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome may attend on their own or accompanied by a parent.
To discuss offering this workshop at your organization or to your group, call 617-690-2127 or email Barbara@ForwardMotion.info.