Workplace Accommodations: Whether, When and How to Disclose Asperger’s Syndrome/Autism to an Employer
Live, Virtual Seminar: July 24, 2018
7:00 – 8:30pm US Eastern Time
Receiving accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) can be a significant factor in job success. However it is important to understand how the ADA protects employees, and key terms such as qualified employee, essential job functions and reasonable accommodation. During this live Internet event you will learn:
- How the Americans with Disabilities Act protects adults in the workplace
- The difference between an accommodation need and a performance problem
- Planning a strategy for what, how and when to disclose
- Why human resources must be part of the process
- Examples of successful accommodations for people with Asperger’s/autism
Individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome/autism, their parents and professionals are welcome to attend!
This is a live, interactive event that will not be recorded. The program runs from 7:00 – 8:30pm Eastern time, and includes time for questions.
The fee is $35.00
Add to Cart