6-Week Training Begins March 7, 2023, Live Over the Internet
For Vocational Rehabilitation, DDS Professionals and Their Vendors
Qualifies for 9 CRC Continuing Education Credits
This comprehensive program is a “deep dive” for professionals who assist individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome and similar autism spectrum profiles. You will learn how to help these consumers to choose the right job or career, find employment and stay hired.
Weekly, live sessions take place over the Internet and feature case studies and group discussions. This program qualifies for 9 CRC continuing education credits from the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification.
▪ Week 1: Impact of Asperger’s/Autism on Adults in the Workplace. A detailed look at challenges related to interpersonal skills, executive function, restricted/repetitive interests and sensory processing/integration, as well as strengths that can be utilized in the workplace.
▪ Week 2: Working with Individuals. Tools and techniques for addressing common challenges with communication, executive function and sensory processing.
▪ Week 3: Choosing the Right Job or Career and Getting Hired. A 4-step process to help consumers choose manageable work. Includes assessments; tips for creating a realistic job search plan; interview preparation.
▪ Week 4: Conclusion of Getting Hired; Americans with Disabilities Act. Accommodations for individuals on the spectrum; deciding whether, when and how to disclose; case examples.
▪ Week 5: Staying Employed. Tools and techniques for addressing common employment challenges; teaching individuals to self-advocate; intervening with an employer.
▪ Week 6: Working with Employers; Autism Hiring Initiatives. Explaining Asperger’s/autism to employers and helping them to evaluate candidates and on-board new hires. Includes information on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and innovative employer models.
Employment Success for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum is open to vocational rehabilitation and DDS professionals and their vendors. The cost $795 per person which includes all written materials.