6-Week Training Begins September 27, 2023, Live Over the Internet
For Vocational Rehabilitation, DDS Professionals, Their Vendors and Other Non-profits
Qualifies for 9 CRC Continuing Education Credits
This comprehensive program is a “deep dive” for professionals who assist individuals with Asperger’s Syndrome and similar autism spectrum profiles. You will learn how to help these consumers to choose the right job or career, find employment and stay hired.
Weekly, live sessions take place over the Internet and feature case studies and group discussions. This program qualifies for 9 CRC continuing education credits from the Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor Certification.
▪ Week 1: Impact of Asperger’s/Autism on Adults in the Workplace. A detailed look at challenges related to interpersonal skills, executive function, restricted/repetitive interests and sensory processing/integration, as well as strengths that can be utilized in the workplace.
▪ Week 2: Working with Individuals. Tools and techniques for addressing common challenges with communication, executive function and sensory processing.
▪ Week 3: Choosing the Right Job or Career and Getting Hired. A 4-step process to help consumers choose manageable work. Includes assessments; tips for creating a realistic job search plan; interview preparation.
▪ Week 4: Conclusion of Getting Hired; Americans with Disabilities Act. How individuals are protected in the workplace; deciding whether, when and how to disclose; case examples.
▪ Week 5: Staying Employed. Tools and techniques for addressing common employment challenges; teaching individuals to self-advocate; intervening with an employer.
▪ Week 6: Working with Employers; Autism Hiring Initiatives. Explaining Asperger’s/autism to employers and helping them to evaluate candidates and on-board new hires. Also includes information on diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives and innovative employer models.
Employment Success for Individuals on the Autism Spectrum is open to vocational rehabilitation and DDS professionals, their vendors and other non-profits. The cost $795 per person which includes all written materials.
Dates and Registration
Live sessions from 11:00 – 12:30pm Eastern U.S. time
Weekly sessions: 9/27, 10/4, 10/11, 10/18, 10/25, 11/1
Cost: $795 per person
Charge program fee:
Add to Cart
Cancellations received in writing by September 25, 2023 will receive a refund less a $45 process fee per person. After that date there are no refunds for any reason.
Forward Motion Coaching reserves the right to cancel the program due to low enrollment, in which case participants will receive a full refund of all monies paid.
To download a flyer, clickhere
▪ In-depth instruction on how to assist individuals to find and maintain employment
▪ Detailed case studies that illustrate various Asperger’s/ autism profiles and employment situations
▪ Worksheets, resources, tools
▪ Qualifies for 9 CRC credits
Content is for professionals assisting individuals with competitive (not sheltered or heavily supported) employment.
(various training and seminars)
“Thank you for the training – it was very informative!” Vocational Rehabilitation
“Thank you for the wonderful training you provided. I believe it will be of great benefit to my future consumers.” Vocational Rehabilitation
“I was impressed by the content and presentation of the information. Applicable for all of the consumers on our caseload.“ Non-Profit
“Presenter is knowledgeable, professional, and engaging. She provided many concrete examples from her own experience, which makes factual information easier to apply and remember.” Vocational Rehabilitation
“An excellent seminar. I have a better understanding of the disability and left more confident about my role in assisting my clients obtain employment.” Non-Profit
“…your information and guidance … will be utilized well!” Vocational Rehabilitation
“The content and presentation style were excellent!” Vocational Rehabilitation
“… informative, relevant, practical and encouraging. It offered a balance of theory and application. Actual client stories delivered a realistic perspective into the challenges of coaching [these individuals].” Neurodiversity Consultant
“I highly recommend this program to anyone who … plans to work with individuals on the spectrum…” Transition Teacher
“Using case studies was helpful to see how to apply the concepts. The tools you shared were thorough yet easy to use.” Non-Profit
“I came away with many tools and strategies … Barbara pulled heavily from her expertise in the field and provided real-life examples to bring concepts to life.” Career Counselor